Tuesday 27 May 2014

Bling it on

If I were a bird, I would have been a Magpy. Bring on the bling!

In an attempt to make some extra cash, I made up a few vases encrusted with diamante.

Initially I spent a fortune on different types of glue as I wanted the bling to stay on the glass even if it needed to be washed. Well finally the only glue that seemed to work was epoxy. The one where you need to mix the two tubes together to make the yukky sticky stuff.

First I would draw the design on the vase with a thin whiteboard marker. Then using a toothpick, I would add a small line of glue and immediately (also using toothpick) add the diamante.


The process is slow but rewarding.


Below a few others I made. These make stunning gifts.

James Dean - Nelson Mandela - Marilyn Monroe
Gecko

Angel Wings





No comments:

Post a Comment